Dear Carling Optometric Family and Friends,
Life has been anything but normal this spring and we sincerely hope you and your family are in good health. We are happy to inform you that on Monday, June 15th, 2020 we will be able to once again provide optometric care for you and your family. The Ministry of Health has lifted the restrictions placed back in March. While many things have changed since then, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Our office has always followed strict infection control standards and in order to keep us all protected during this pandemic and in the future, we have updated our protocols. When we see you at your next appointment, things will be a little different.
- We will ask some screening questions two days before your appointment, and you’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive for your appointment.
- We will be seeing fewer patients every hour, and every day to maintain proper social distancing. The appointment time that is given must be respected. Please arrive on time.
- Please wait outside our office or in your car and call us when you arrive, and then wait for a call back to let you know when you can enter the office. Please ring the doorbell for staff assistance if you do not have a cell phone.
- Only individuals being treated can enter the clinic. Accompanying persons are not permitted to enter, except for caregivers.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys since those items are difficult to fully disinfect.
- Please wear a face covering or mask to your scheduled appointment.
- Upon entering and before exiting please wash your hands or use our hand sanitizer.
- Your temperature will be taken by a touch-less thermometer. If your temperature is too high, or if you exhibit any symptoms of illness, we will be unable to treat you, and you must reschedule your appointment.
- Additional time is being allocated for thorough disinfection of all contact surfaces.
- You may notice that we’re wearing more protective gear – such as masks, face shields, gowns - than we normally do during your visit.
Rest assured all of these procedures are designed to create the safest environment for you, other patients and our team.
Thank you for your patience and loyalty throughout this ordeal. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming you back!